Monday 16 May 2011

apologies.

Dearest followers, I know you may not believe me, but I went to much trouble to write an excellent blog post at some point last week (I think it was Thursday), but Blogger went on a rampage and deleted it all. It coincided with the strop YouTube had, so I'm guessing Google was going through some sort of personal crisis, and was not up to the task of matching all my internet needs. Needless to say, I was fairly disheartened, so I did not bother to recreate the aforementioned post, and I instead went out with my friends like a normal human being whose life does not revolve around the internet.

Nonetheless, I have decided to give it another go. I'm not going to write about the same stuff again, because I feel it would lack the same spontaneity and verve, so I'm just going to write one of those rambly posts which are abundant in spontaneity and not a lot else.

I have given it some thought, and I'm pretty sure that Jamie Parker - the fine fellow who plays Scripps in The History Boys - is one of the most fanciable men ever. He's not even all that attractive, but he has a certain northern charm that cannot be disputed. Although I did always quite like Dakin too. And Crowther. I even quite liked Mr Irwin.

Scratch that, I particularly liked Mr Irwin. Cor.

I've been reading Alan Bennett's short stories, which are so beautifully written, I'm pretty much in awe. I'm so sick of reading overly-laconic novels by young writers who seem to be able to do nothing but mimic their predecessors (who tend to have done it all with so much more grace). Bennett writes stories which are actually touching, and honest, and undeniably funny and he is responsible for The History Boys, which I love. If you hadn't already noticed.

Also, at the risk of sounding like the celebrity stalker I am, Caleb Followill - the man with eyes bluer than Joni Mitchell - has got married - to Lily Aldridge of all people! Oh I'm so ruddy jealous!

It's my Italian oral exam tomorrow, and I am absolutely terrified. Hence the blog. Hence the fact that I am once again absent from French Grammar. Shit shit shiiiiit.

To calm us all down, I'll leave you with a pretty song.

No comments:

Post a Comment