Tuesday 11 October 2011

change of scene.


Because I had such a massive accidental break from blogging, the whole format of the 'Blogger' experience has changed, and it just took me approximately seven minutes to find the thing you click on to write a new post. I'm no computer scientist...

I got back yesterday from a lovely weekend in Sweden. Tom and I both just decided to fly to wherever was cheap for both of us, and we ended up in Gothenburg, which was a thoroughly lovely sort of place with clean streets and crisp air. I felt very brunette and rather demure in amongst all the super-chic, super-blonde, super-svelte Swedes (both male and female), whose sense of style was ever so cool, and who could definitely rock the long skirt/bicycle combo without getting all caught up in chain like us mere mortals. It was quite nice to be somewhere so cold - like a premature taste of winter, without being plunged unforgivingly into its clutches.

I think part of the reason I have hardly been writing lately is because I'm very aware that it's easy to sound quite pretentious when young, idealistic and (most importantly) living in Italy. So would you do me a favour please? If I'm beginning to sound self-righteous, please do give me a heads-up! Saying that, I am aware that blogging is in itself a pretty douchey thing to do, so maybe only tell me if I've got a bit ridiculous. Deal?

Just because she's Swedish and I love her a bit...

No comments:

Post a Comment