Sunday 21 February 2010

boy prey...

Charlotte and I have decided that backpacking around Europe is the only way we could possibly spend this summer. We have a very vague plan to go Germany - Austria - Hungary - Czech Republic - Poland - home. We both agreed that while all of these countries are slightly more originial than a couple of weeks in Ibiza(!), we should be fine backpacking there and they do not seem too scary for a couple of teenage girls. I'm excited! We're also hitting Edinburgh festival in August and I am determined to spend a weekend in Dublin, possibly with my friend Sarah at some point. Finally, I am going to Greenbelt arts festival (as usual) later in August, though I plan to volunteer instead of just attending. Greenbelt is my favourite thing in the world; it would be nice to give something back. So a jam-packed summer, and I can't wait!

Sam Taylor Wood, the 42 year old eternally cool artist is pregnant and engaged to Aaron Johnson who is 19! Now I'm all for shaking things up a bit, but surely this is a little on the creepy side? It was only a couple of years ago that he was playing the male lead in Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging, which should probably say it all. He was even rumoured to be getting fairly cozy with his co-star who is my age and seems even younger. It seems quite a leap to then date a woman old enough to be his mother. Saying this, however, I am not sure anybody would bat an eyelid if the genders were reversed. Many famous men have a much younger woman as their armcandy, for example Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, yet a woman is branded a "cougar" if she goes for a younger man. I am on the fence when it comes to large age gaps in relationships. In ten years time, Taylor-Wood will start to become less attractive to the boy, and I am fairly sure he will not be with her in another ten, baby or not. Saying that, they seem to be happy, and they are certainly an attractive couple... See for yourself.




No comments:

Post a Comment