Monday 26 April 2010

She can't be convicted, she's earned her degree...


I have been super motivated today and completed the second draft of my English coursework, full of feminist drivel. It's depressingly mediocre but it's a start. I decided to reward myself by writing an entry (yes, this is what my life has come to) before I crack on with the other piece of coursework.

I had a bit of a meltdown last night. All of a sudden I decided that I really didn't want to go to university. It hit me that in four years time, I will still be living at home having accumulated thousands of pounds of debt and I probably won't even get a job at the end of it. I was in such a distressed state that I even spoke to my mother. Her response? "Well you can always go back to Morrisons!" Thanks Mum, thanks a bunch.

I really like the new John Lewis advert. Yes it's naff and yes I know that while the woman in question ages, her clothes remain constantly very 2010 throughout. The featured woman is very conventional in her lifestyle. She gets married, then pregnant and watches her family swell as she falls into retirement (during which we know the sun never ceases to shine). The advert manages to tug at the heartstrings, however and Fyfe Dangerfield (Guillemots frontman)'s rendition of 'Always a woman to me' is flawless. I hope he releases it because at present it is nowhere to be found. So all in all a (six million pound) success. Let's hope Mister John Lewis makes his money back...

No comments:

Post a Comment