Saturday 4 September 2010

right then.

I was meant to go out tonight, but as I have previously mentioned, there has been a terrible mistake. I am some kind of horrific teenage/grandma hybrid, and as such I'm sitting all wrapped up with a hot water bottle sitting on my arthritic shoulder and writing a little blog post.

So instead of partaking in regular social conventions, I have taken it upon myself to watch every episode of Ultimate Big Brother so far. In a night. I probably haven't watched Big Brother for about five years, but what people forget is that it used to be brilliant. Back in the days of Brian and Helen - when the housemates were normal and viewing was not optional, I used to watch it all the time. It was just so interesting watching people form friendships, romances and irritations. Really it was just a big anthropological experiment. Then they started sending in the crazies...

Really, I'm just watching 'Ultimate Big Brother' because it's my final chance. It's like a fond farewell, and actually it's quite good, so I'm willing to overlook the years of terrible television that fell in between.

Already this evening, I have been entertained with such lines as "misogynistic, isn't that like feminist?" "Erm, yeah sort of but more like the opposite." Brilliant.

So there you have it. I'm not going to pretend I'm not a bit ashamed of myself right now, but I'm in the mood to do little else. Just staying awake is an achievement. I'm not even thinking about the seven hundred weekend bags I have to unpack. They can wait 'til tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment