Monday 6 September 2010

you have to suffer to be well-read...


Because my books seem to breed when I leave the room, I have had to purchase a new bookcase. This has been my day today:

  • Went into town with Helen and Mother to look at bookcases.
  • Found a bookcase and a big thing in which to put my absurd amount of CDs
  • Got the bus home because I could no longer fit in the car
  • Arrived home after a fairly non-eventful bus trip
  • With the help of Helen, removed both pieces of furniture from the courtesy car (necessary due to the fact that a drunk driver crashed through our wall, hitting trees, cars and houses. I told you about that, right?)
  • Spent half an hour getting the bloody piece of crap upstairs, made more difficult by the fact that Helen and I have the combined upper body strength of a six year old girl, and the fact that we had to be clever due to the narrow staircase and the longest and heaviest bookcase ever made. I pulled a muscle in my tummy and laughed so much I thought my face might fall off.
  • Moved around furniture in my bedroom to accommodate the new members of my family of furniture crap
  • Spent three hours alphabetising the books by author
  • Realised that in the process of all this alphabetising, my room seemed to vomit dusty crap all over the carpet
  • Wrote a blog about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment