Wednesday 22 September 2010

sweet disposition...


It's amazing how from one day to the next, we see the world completely differently. Sometimes (for example when working in a twee little shop/deli/café in a twee little place like Wolverley), this life isn't quite so shite. Polite people come in and make polite conversation while sipping their organic ginger beer and chobbling on home made cake. On these days, music is lovely and friends are gracious, technology works in our favour and we are glad when we get home. Other days (when really nothing has changed), it hails and the fridge smells funny and we take criticism to heart and there is no cake. On these days, we hear news of the sorry state of our planet; of wars and drought and Justin Bieber. On these days, we cannot be helped, and even a glimpse of the ones we love or the ones who give us butterflies won't make us feel better. I think my mood is predetermined the moment I wake up. I wake up a miserable cow and that is how I will be all day. Terrible isn't it?

Of course, I'm sure there are some people with naturally sunny dispositions who never have the aforementioned days and are never miserable cows. Perhaps if I try, I can become like these people, the ones with nice hair and rosy cheeks who look good in floral aprons and make good pastry, or even entire pies with apples and blackberries. Wait, I think this could be classed as a tangent...

So yes, I wonder whether you can alter your mindset, or whether I will be stuck like this forever. I'm sure university will bring changes, but whether good or bad, it's impossible to know.

These pictures are incredible, but if you are Jess Carvlin, please don't click on the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment