Sunday 26 December 2010

and my wasted heart will love you until you smell like piss...


Well hello there!

I hope (with all the sincerity I can muster) that you all enjoyed Christmas day and have recovered from the calories and general merriment. I am sort of back on the 'I hate Christmas' bandwagon, so please remind me of this next year when I am once more trying to be positive.

Although on a side note, I did enjoy a spot of festive 'Poirot'...

Boxing day has always been a little bit depressing. When I was little, the glow of Christmas day was enough to keep me going through Boxing day and possibly even up as far as the new year. As you get older, however, it seems that presents sort of lose their sparkle. This year I got a printer, some cake tins and a wok. Now, these are all lovely presents (and things I asked for), but it begs the question: when did I grow up?

There are some films I can watch over and over again (Lost in Translation, Pride and Prejudice, Juno, etc.). Love Actually is one of those films. It's so incredibly, naffly heart-warming. Also, some people remain just as sad at the end as they were at the beginning, so this makes it okay, yes? No. No, no, no.

P.S. I used a picture of Keira Knightley to lure you in under false pretences. Sorry about that...

No comments:

Post a Comment