Friday 17 December 2010

baby you're a sparkler...


Christopher Thomas Yapp (yappattack) just told me that my last post was "very whingey". Good point well made. So this one is going to be full of positivity and light. Just don't get used to it.

This weekend is the time for the return of all my friends which is very exciting. I've missed them all so much, and hopefully we will be a bit less shit than usual and go out and suchlike things. I should probably do some more Christmas shopping, but my overdraft seems to be reproducing with itself and my finances really aren't too hot at the moment.

Today has been spent watching The Hills and marinading things and wrapping up warm to go out in search of Lemsip and soya milk. I also wrapped up all my Christmas presents so far, which is a shame really because that's the best part of the festive season!

Have you seen the video for Katy Perry's Firework? It's mental. Basically, people keep erupting into a big ball of sparkly flame in various states of emotional imbalance. For example, a couple has an argument and then explode a little bit, a lady has a baby and explodes a little bit, two men kiss and explode a little bit. It's all a bit odd. Throw in a bit of Katy looking uncharacteristically classy, and you've got the gist. I'm sure they're going for some sort of symbolism, but it's just a bit shit.



I promise I will never put another Katy Perry video on here again. Sorry 'bout that...

Go on this blog! It led me to listen to lots of new music and it's beautifully written. In a chart of the best songs of the decade, Sugababes Four Tet and Radiohead all featured. Talk about diversity!

This song is proper good, back from the days before they started rapping and they still had Mutya and the ginger one.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your kind words about my blog, and for linking - lovely to know that people are reading it and getting something out of it.

    Have very much enjoyed spending an idle half an hour browsing through the videos on here; lots of stuff I'd forgotten about and lots of stuff I never knew in the first place...

    ReplyDelete