Tuesday 29 March 2011

"I don't think that there are any limits to how excellent we could make life seem."


Have you ever fallen in love with someone just from the words they write? I seem to do it about seventeen times a day. Looks are irrelevant in this equation, it's all about the writing that people have squeezed out of their very being, put to paper and published, baring their soul. There's nothing like a good poet to soften a heart.

My latest literary crushes include A. E. Houseman (in spite of his homosexuality and death), Nick Laird (Irish hottie extraordinaire), Jonathan Safran Foer (whom I simply adore), and Milan Kundera (who makes me feel a bit more normal). I'm sure none of these people are really all that well-rounded or personable, but crushes are meant to be utterly without foundations, so there you go. So gentlemen, if you ever want to woo your lady, use a thesaurus. Just a little tip. 

I spent the weekend in beautiful Aberystwyth catching up with Sarah and Jordan and partaking in much merriment. One of the best bits was the stunning drive through the Elan Valley where I always used to go with my family, but haven't been for years. It was a gorgeous day, and despite driving through what was very possibly somebody's back garden and seeing ten thousand dead pheasants, Charlotte and I were almost sorry to see the journey end. Oh and I dyed my hair. I feel much more like my sixteen year old self, which may or may not be a good thing. 

Time for some pretty music!

Jonsi...



Jay Jay Pistolet (who can say things better than I ever could, therefore putting him into the aforementioned category)



The Yeah Yeah Yeahs because they are consistently brilliant...



And Mazzy Star just because.

No comments:

Post a Comment