Tuesday 5 April 2011

it hurts to look at you.


I'm not all that good at having lots of time off. One of the good things about university is that I don't really have the option of spending all that much time alone. I'm not exactly a social creature by nature, so it's nice that I've had to work on my people skills a bit. The third week of my five week holiday has now begun, and though I've enjoyed it so far, I'm beginning to get a little bit bored, and more than a little bit grumpy. I have no money, no car and no desire to do anything but sit and watch rubbish t.v. all day long.

So that is what I have been doing. Big time.

Firstly, I've got into 'My So-called Life', which is melodramatic and depressing and everything a teenage drama should be. It stars Claire Danes and Jared Leto back when they were completely beautiful. Danes's drawling pearls of wisdom achieve just the right level of melodrama and even at the ripe old age of fourteen, she really was a rather good actress. It's honestly quite enjoyable. If you're in the right mood.




Next up is the almighty 'Friday Night Dinner' which is one of the best things that has been televised in really quite a long time. It has Mark Heap and Tamsin Greig in it, so I was always bound to be a fan, but I'm glad i wasn't disappointed.


I've also just got into series two of Glee, and am as yet undecided over whether it is so shit it's un-shit, or whether it's just shit. Your opinions are welcome, and I think I know on which side most of them will fall, but all I'm saying is that it's fun to find an hour every week to absorb yourself in a world where people express themselves through autotune and swap boyfriends every episode.


So yes, there has been lots of television. I'm not saying I haven't done anything else (just ask Baudelaire), but I am beginning to hear a Claire Danes-esque monologue in my head, so it's possibly time to get out. I went to Merry Hill earlier, but that wasn't exactly any better. Woe is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment