Friday 2 July 2010

lost in boxsets...



My mother has just departed for a fortnight in Turkey and my sister's just arrived in Bruges. Now as much as I love solitude, being stuck in Wolverley without a car pretty much sucks. I've passed the day stirfrying various vegetables and delving into Postsecret archives; all in all, pretty depressing.

I need a hobby or a pastime. Something to pass the time other than reading and staring at various screens. Unless power napping counts as a hobby. No?... I've had various commitments in my life, but I'm a bit of a quitter and they all seem to have faded into nothingness. I danced for years, but had no coordination. I played trumpet, but had no musical ability. I helped at Brownies, but stopped due to my general contempt of children; girls in particular. Yesterday I dug out my paints, but then realised why I only got a B for art GCSE. When you build your life around being a nerd, the summer holidays tend to be a bit of a disappointment, particularly when most of your friends live in awkward places like Clent or deepest, darkest Black Country; a good half an hour away. By car. So that's irrelevant.

So tomorrow I'm going for a run. Or a walk with sporadic bursts of lethargic jogging. This means I have to find some trainers (I'm not even sure I own anything other than impractical, canvas flats) and some tracksuit bottoms (I'm a skirt girl). I also have to find a way to overcome my complete lack of fitness. Baby steps...

I'm also going to Worcester in the afternoon to see my good friends the Haworths (my ex-vicar and family) and have tea, chillax by the river, etc. I might even squeeze in a sneaky trip to Accessorize... It'll be lovely to see them because it's been months and while I used to practically live in the Vicarage, since they moved, I really haven't made enough of an effort. Plus it will be nice to see some human beings who neither live in Wolverley or compete at Wimbledon...

I go away on my beastly trip in three weeks and I seem to own no summer clothes. Probably time to get on that...

I won't say I like Tomas Berdych because so far this seems to have jinxed my favourites (Federer, Djocovic, Jankovic, etc), but I have provided a picture so you can work it out for yourselves. His eyes are VERY blue...

No comments:

Post a Comment