Saturday 27 March 2010

all you can eat politics...

It's been a hectic week full of coursework deadlines and French essays. But would I have it any other way? Err... yes, yes I would. Despite this, I've had a great week, and with Easter just around the corner, next week should be ace too!

Nottingham on Wednesday was lovely. The language department is based in a lovely, old building, the campus is very pretty and we got free lunch! Now, not one to be swayed by free food(!), I am still on the fence. The university is compiled mostly of public schoolers, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, I just don't want to graduate all posh... So now I have to decide. Warwick or Nottingham? I love them both, so really it comes down to whether I want to learn Italian or Spanish, or more importantly, whether I want to spend a year in Spain or in Italy. Decisions, decisions...

Last night, I went to a 'Question Time' type event at school. During English that afternoon, I had been roped into helping out, asking a question, etc, by my fairly flustered teacher who was organising it all... It was actually very good. The 'panel' was comprised of all the candidates for the seat in the local area and a lady from Worcester University. The Tory guy was impressive. You could almost hear the audience drinking in his outrageous lies. The Labour guy was just lovely. He told the truth, too, though this was not always what the audience wanted to hear.

I want to go on holiday!!! That is all...

No comments:

Post a Comment