Tuesday 23 March 2010

Napoleon wears the trousers...


Life is moving at a truly terrifying pace. Summer beckons. Weeks are passing with little warning. There are buds on the trees and the crocuses are poking their little, happy heads out from the soil. While I love Spring, it always seems to be marred by looming exams. In short, I am scared shitless. I feel unprepared and unconfident and though I keep looking at universities, I stand little chance of actually getting in to any. I am in coursework central and cursing my inability to be organised. My sleep pattern is erratic at best (not helped by my mother crawling in at one each morning, rousing the dog and therefore rousing me too) and I am so stressed! I do not mind this time of year, however. On the contrary, I quite enjoy it. It is difficult to put into words, but during the spring months, laziness is not an option. I feel like I should be spending most of my free time working, and it's really quite motivating! I keep telling myself it's the final push, not much longer now. At least with my subjects (English Lit, French and History) there isn't all that much revision to do. But this also means that you go into the exam feeling unarmed. I have got used to it over the years.

I am going to Nottingham tomorrow just as a final effort to like anywhere other than Warwick and Sheffield. After this, I have given myself a week to decide where I am going. I know that if I don't do this, I will dither for months before I make up my mind. This is something I would like to be sure about.

I have decided (far too late in life) that pink is my new favourite colour to wear. Because I have such a corpselike complexion, a bit of pink makes me look a little bit less yellow, which can only be a good thing. From now on, rather than greys and blues, I vow to wear pink and turquoise (just because it makes me happy) for all eternity. I will make an exception for my red duffel coat, however as it is an extension of my being...

No comments:

Post a Comment