Monday 7 June 2010

all that wrinkles is not old...



I'm a little bit obsessive about voice overs. I'm pretty good at recognising a voice and pinning it to its owner.

Robert Webb does a lot of voice overs, but having always seen him in funny roles, I find myself always waiting for the punchline and am therefore invariably disappointed when the joke about toilet roll is in fact not a joke about toilet roll. It's just an advert. About toilet roll. Mark Watson makes a terrific rabbit, confused about its daily intake of fruit and veg (Innocent provides an exceptional amount of fibre, in case you were wondering). Stephen Fry and Paul Merton have even loaned their voices to that of a phone and a mouse, and not even a proper mouse - the crappy plastic kind. But it's not just comedians; take any Radio 1 DJ, Sharpe, or TV presenter, and you can bet that they double their income through this wonderful medium.

Sometimes I drive myself mad trying to figure out who that oh-so familiar voice belongs to, although I of course recognised this one straight away as that of the lovely Jame Mcavoy.





Sometimes, you don't recognise the voice at all, but just note that it is a nice voice and so endeavor to find out whose nice voice it is. This happened when I heard the new Orange adverts. I then found out that the voice over was some guy from Eastenders and was horrified. Then found out that said guy from Eastenders looked like this and was somewhat placated. Blimey. I think it's time to get into soaps (though I hear that they killed him off...)

Of course, there's the music too. I'm constantly hearing songs on adverts and trailers which are completely and utterly brilliant. This lovely lovely song was on a trailer for Gossip Girl and has led to a small obsession with LCD Soundsystem (though I'm not a fan of the new album).



Basically, this blog was all just an excuse to post a picture of Robert Webb's face. I'm not sure you can call it a waste though...

And finally, I have the hands of an eighty year old woman / hag / goblin. They are all bent and wrinkly and generally witchy. They make me feel wise...

No comments:

Post a Comment