Wednesday 30 June 2010

If I should become a stranger, you know that it would make me more than sad.


You might think that having nothing to do all day long would result in more regular updates, but I seem incapable of writing in the day. I am a night owl and I think my productivity levels peak around midnight. I'm still technically a teenager so I blame this for my erratic sleep patterns and lack of general routine.

I rant a lot. I am a definite ranter. Some people like this, particularly those who see it as an opportunity to get into a heated debate with me about politics or religion or the never-ending appeal of the grandad cardigan (which some people still refuse to embrace). Others, however must find this particular stubborn trait a pain in the metaphorical bottom, particularly when I take it upon myself to emphasise and fight against the plight of my favourite minority; women. Now just because I am not a bra-burning lesbian, doesn't mean I have to miss out on all the feminist fun. Lately, however, my arguments have been becoming a bit predictable and I feel a bit unconvincing. Luckily, I have the ability to arm myself with plenty of feminist literature so I can rob the ideas of someone else. The first on the chopping block is 'The Feminine Mystique' which I'm enjoying immensely. It's surprisingly readable which I don't usually find with anything non-fiction, and I feel myself becoming more and more bitter with every word which I'm pretty sure is the desired effect...

This song is ridiculously lovely. If you remain unconvinced, at least watch it for his odd-yet-strangely-attractive elfin features.

No comments:

Post a Comment