Friday 25 June 2010

exams and tennis and hot men reading books...


It is as I feared. I chopped off half my hair and after completely failing the French exam today I feel Samson's pain. My unruly mop of hair was the source of all my linguistic powers. Without it I am weak. But it does look a lot better. Maybe a good haircut makes a life of academic mediocrity seem less tragic...

This is my new favourite blog, though I can't take the credit for its discovery (thank you Anna Muggeridge). It is simple yet effective and I can't help but wish that I had come up with the idea. Needless to say I will be checking in regularly and might even bring you my personal highlights. If you're lucky... I'm not sure there is anything better than men with beards reading books in an intellectual, sometimes pretentious manner. Correct me if I'm wrong. (Was posting three pictures a little too much?)





This is my new favourite song which you might recognise from the brilliant film Little Miss Sunshine. Unfortunately, I heard it on an X-Box advert today which made me like it a little bit less, but it's still pretty good.

Tonight is prom night and despite my lack of hair and lack of alcohol consumption, I think there's a chance that it could be awesome. It's nice that it's so much more relaxed than the much more formal affair two years ago - not a floor-length dress or orange face in sight. It's very refreshing.

Having finished all my exams now and finally ridding myself of the 'I should be revising' feeling, Wimbledon has become my preferred way to spend the day. I love everything about it from the sun burnt crowds to Federer's cardigans. I dropped into conversation with my mum the fact that I thought Jelena Jankovic was really cool and her reaction was "She's ugly!" in such an appalled tone one might think I had just declared myself a Tory. "Yes Mum, but that's not what I said, is it? I said she was cool." "Well that's all very well but men don't like 'cool' do they?" I feel this needs no further comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment